We have a fantastic opportunity for an Instructional Designer who will be responsible for designing and developing the necessary digital content for technical and soft skills learning material using computer software and other technologies to streamline courses for employees.
- Instructional Design qualification
- Matric/ Relevant NQF Level 4 Qualification
- Instructional Design Qualification
- ODETDP Higher Certificate / Diploma (certified Assessor and Moderator)
• 3 – 5 years’ Experience in Instructional design, course development software and processes, strategies, delivery, and evaluation methods.
• 3 – 5 years’ Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and experience with design platforms
Skills & Competencies:
• Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and ability to storyboard
• Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
• Proficiency with learning management systems (LMS)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively convey technical information to non-technical colleagues and clients
• Project management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage multiple simultaneous deadlines
• Understanding of virtual reality and immersive technologies
Set up LMS and create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, gamification etc.) to ensure interactive learning and design content to optimise learning: Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts and work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs. Develop and design courses and learning journeys.
Perform ongoing administration and support of the LMS. Managing and enforcement of LMS system standards, policies and procedures.
Apply learning design and development learning theories. Create online courses, quizzes, assessments and surveys using Kirkpatrick’s model of training evaluation model Actively apply the ADDIE model and Kolb’s Learning cycle of Instructional Design throughout the development and delivery of learning materials design and develop blueprints for learning programmes.
Please note that only applications via the website will be considered for shortlisting.
IIE Rosebank College reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates and to verify credit standing. Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates.
IIE Rosebank College reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.