- Completed relevant Diploma or Degree.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- To work with varying design themes and using knowledge in the field to bring business and living spaces to life.
- Discuss important details with the Team such as the budget and goal for space.
- Report on tasks and deliverables and work directly with him/her to ensure the facilitation of a project’s completion; creativity and originality of proposed designs, on-time, on/under-budget, and meets Brand identity and values.
- Be able to work on any/all phases of development including Pre- Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents and Construction Administration (where applicable).
- Developing design solutions.
- Research concepts and materials to support brief/ Spec.
- Budget as well as coordinate the completion of tasks.
- Keep a project managed document of all job statuses and update manager regularly on the progress.
- Prepare and present concepts.
- Participate in meetings as required.
- Select furniture, materials, decals, décor, and finishes.
- Be able to work with Graphic Designers but also own knowledge of MS Office, AutoCad, Photoshop and inDesign required and able to create own renders.
- Understand how to draw up floor plans.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, excellent communication skills and the desire to work on interdisciplinary teams.
- Able to travel nationally when required.
Skills and competencies:
- Must have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Excellent planning and organisational ability
- Must have a strong sense of accountability.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be result driven.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.