To provide general financial administrative support to the Finance division so as to ensure that service delivery is optimised and aligned to international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
Provide financial administrative support to the Billing department within the Finance division
- Capture invoices on the JDE financial system across all the SABS revenue streams
- Process credit notes on customer accounts and draft memorandums with supporting documentation for credit note requests
- Follow-up on open sales orders
- Prepare sales journals
- Provide required audit information to internal and external auditors on time
- Peruse the Approval Board (AB) minutes and action accordingly
- Monitor cancellations and legal collections to ensure that the requisite billing process is stopped promptly
- Review and update the end-to-end billing process
- Render ad hoc administrative support as required by Finance management
Prepare financial accounting transactions and reconciliations
- Prepare monthly general and accruals journals.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Implement capitalisation of fixed assets on the fixed asset register (FAR)
- Perform monthly depreciation runs and submit for approval
- Transfer fixed assets between business units and across group entities on FAR based on the approved asset transfer form
- Review fixed asset ledger to ensure only valid transactions are capitalised in line with IAS 16
Prepare month-end and year-end processes and financial statements
- Compile and maintain databases as is relevant for the Finance division
- Prepare month-end and audit files within set dead-lines, ensuring all required schedules/reconciliations and related valid supporting documentation are available.
- Provide and compile input to reports (e.g., monthly and quarterly reports, annual financial statements, etc.) as required according to IFRS
- Review the annual report to ensure that data transfer was accurate and that no formatting issues are present
- Schedule monthly/year-end meetings as well as compile minutes of the meetings for distribution
- Complete the National Treasury template for review and manage the process to ensure deadlines are met for completion and delivery.
- Provide required audit information to internal and external auditors on time Ensure that all documentation as it relates to meetings are updated and sent to the relevant stakeholders as and when it is required
Adhere to service standards and deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure efficient communication of all client requested needs to the relevant line manager
- Provide good customer service by meeting the client requirements
- Handle queries and resolve problems (telephonically or via email) as they relate to departmental deliverables
- Follow up on customer queries, complaints etc. where necessary
- Provide timeous submission and compilation of all reports, time sheets, method files, etc.
- Ensure stakeholders are updated with relevant feedback as required
Optimise own performance within the team
- Participate as a productive team member by managing own performance in order to meet departmental objectives
- Gather facts and information objectively with accuracy and attention to detail
- Make logical decisions and use sound judgment in relation to tracking projects, tasks, assignments and reports
- Plan, organize and coordinate relevant work duties as they relate to the department
- Work independently with minimal supervision, set reasonable priorities and manage time and deadline driven workload
- Contribute to diversity management initiatives and actively build business relationships
- Seek guidance and mentorship from more experienced team members where necessary