The Intern Strength and Conditioning will form part of the Bishops Sports Performance and Wellness (SPW) programme and will assist the Biokineticist and Strength and Conditioning coaches with developing, coordinating, executing, and managing recommended and approved strength and conditioning programmes for Bishops Pre-Prep, Prep, and College. The intern Strength and Conditioning duties include both gym-based and field-based training as well as possibly time in Life Orientation class environment.
The position is effective from January 2022.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in developing, coordinating, and implementing strength, and conditioning programmes for Bishops Pre-Prep, Prep, and College
- Assist with sports specific testing
- Assist the Strength and Conditioning coach in all aspects of the school
- Be a presence in the LO Class
- Assist coaching a winter and summer sport
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as independently
- Strong admin skills and excellent time management skills
Minimum Job Requirements
- A relevant degree or advanced qualification in Strength and Conditioning with a desire to study towards a PGCE.
Interested applicants should email a short CV with a covering letter and details of three references to Chris Ekron on email@example.com by 10 September 2021. Please use the reference Intern Strength and Conditioning/LO in the subject line.
Only short-listed contacts will be contacted by 15 September 2021.