GCE: Internship Opening
Global Campaign for Education (GCE)
The Global Campaign for Education (GCE) is seeking to recruit for the following position: Communications Intern
The Global Campaign for Education (GCE) is seeking to recruit for a hardworking, inspired, passionate, and dynamic Communications intern. The purpose of the role is to support GCE’s Communication work in achieving its strategic goals. This position offers an exciting and in-depth exposure opportunity to a range of communication work.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Type of contract: Fixed term
Deadline for application: 15 September 2021
Key working areas and responsibilities:
- Cross-cutting communications work
- GCE website
- GCE newsletter and members emails:
- GCE social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and Flickr
- Membership lists and groups
- Graphic Design
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- An appropriate Diploma or Degree in Communication or a similar field.
- Experience creating visual and written content for digital media.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to communicate in both written and spoken English.
- Quality writing skills and editing experience.
- Excellent digital content management skills.
- An interest in education and a passion for the power of strategic communications to contribute to sustainable development.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills with a demonstrated ability to transform ideas into communication content.
- Ability to prioritise goals while maintaining deadlines, executing on deliverables, and keeping team members informed of status as it changes.
- Experience in Content Management Systems and building web pages on WordPress and Joomla.
- Deep understanding of web design and email best practices.
- Understanding of CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Self-starter that can multitask, solve problems, and take ownership of projects.
- Working knowledge of design Software-Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Knowledge of social media management and design tools such as Hootsuite, Canva, and Adobe Spark.
- Knowledge of online meeting platforms such as Zoom and live streaming platforms such as Restream and Streamyard.
- Knowledge of developing short engaging videos on Doodly.
- Skills or experience in content management, using tools such as Google Analytics, and Google Adwords.
To apply for a position, please submit your application letter and a CV/resume (2 pages maximum), including at least two contactable references, to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date: 15 September 2021. Please indicate the job title you are applying for in the subject line of the email. For a detailed scope of the role profile, follow this link: https://campaignforeducation.org/en/2021/08/30/internship-opening/ GCE is an equal opportunity organisation and everyone is encouraged to apply.
- Please note that due to high volumes of applications that we receive, only complete applications will be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- GCE reserves the right to shortlist and interview on a rolling basis and in that case the job advert may be withdrawn at any time from job sites without notification.