Social Change Assistance Trust : INTERN – PROGRAMME TEAM
Social Change Assistance Trust
The Social Change Assistance Trust (SCAT) is a dynamic human rights and social justice non-profit organisation established over 35 years ago. Our mission is to empower communities, strengthen civil society and promote social change in partnership with rural community-based organisations (CBOs) or local development agencies (LDAs), through the provision of grants and capacity building support.
SCAT seeks to appoint an Intern to work in our programme team and assist the Climate Change Programme Coordinator. This is a one-year paid position, to begin in January.
Duration: 12 months
Terms: 20 hours a week
- Work closely with the Climate Change Programme Coordinator and Programme’s Director to support SCAT’s climate change work.
- Assist with project implementation and monitoring.
- Coordinate and perform tasks related to the collection and processing of data.
- Assist with the planning and logistics of any programme related meetings, workshops or other events.
- Assist with the collection and compilation of climate change stories and case studies.
- Provide general administrative support to the Programmes team.
- Provide ad hoc assistance to the general work of SCAT, as and when required.
- Recently graduated (past two years) with a degree or diploma or studying towards a post graduate degree, preferably in sociology, social development, political science, environmental science and climate change or a related field of study.
- Good understanding of climate change, gender and youth, in the context of social justice.
- An in-depth understanding of life in a rural community.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Computer literacy, with a good understanding and knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team.
- A proactive approach to duties, continually looking at ways to improve processes.
- Able to work from remote location as well as our Cape Town office.
- Valid driving licence and willingness to travel.
To apply please click on this hyperlink: Intern Application. A motivation letter and CV is required to be uploaded at the end of the application form.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – .NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the SCAT refer to SCAT | Partnering With Rural Communities For 35 Years