Ever wanted to work at the country’s biggest news company? Media24 has an internship position in its Joburg offices for one digitally savvy journalist starting in September 2021.
- you have a tertiary qualification in journalism or relevant programme.
- you love stories and storytelling no matter what format and platform.
- you can write like a dream but are also interested in digital media and can have a full conversation using only emojis.
- you understand things like SLR, GIF, CMS and TL;DNR.
- you’re capable of producing engaging videos that can hold attention for more than 20 seconds.
- you are comfortable shooting a video on a smartphone.
- you’re curious about the world and the people who live in it and in touch with what’s going on in the world.
- you’re hungry to learn and grow.
- You are based in Joburg.
Some skills we need:
- Excellent storytelling skills both in words and in video format.
- Good knowledge of WordPress.
- The ability to work fast and cope under pressure.
- The ability to find a fresh angle on a story.
- Excellent general knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- The ability to work in a team and take direction from an editor.
- Drive, energy and basic awesomeness.
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing stories for Daily Sun.
- Working on social media platforms in various formats.
- Assisting the online team with uploading content when required.
- Scouring the web for interesting stories that our audiences will love.
- Assisting with compiling newsletters that our audiences will want to open.
- Assist the online team with producing/managing digital campaigns.
Media24 is South Africa’s leading media company with interests in digital media and services, newspapers, magazines, ecommerce, book publishing, printing and distribution. It is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
Candidates from the designated groups, including those with disabilities, will be given preference.