INTERNSHIP: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT X2 (12 months)
Salary Range (differentiated according to the level of qualification): R 6 375.00 – R 8 375.00 per
Overview of the Organisation
The NMISA is a Type 3A Public Entity established in accordance with the Measurement Unit
and Measurement Standards Act, No. 18 of 2006 (the Act). The NMISA is mandated by the
Act to provide for the use of the international system of units (the SI) and other measurement
units in South Africa, to maintain national measurement standards (NMS) and to determine
and ensure the comparability of the NMS. More information can be obtained from
Purpose of Role:
To receive training within SCM section with clerical, administrative and secretarial duties by
ensuring that efficient and effective service is rendered to internal divisions and to ensure
that NMISA complies with all supply chain management rules and regulations.
Minimum Qualifications, knowledge and Experience
• Three-year tertiary qualification in the field of Supply Chain Management / Logistics
• Postgraduate qualification will be an advantage
• Knowledge of all relevant legislation (PFMA, etc.)
• Competent in MS Office Software package
• Analysing, quality and detailed orientation
• Good communication skills and report writing skills
Duties and Responsibilities
• Make copies and scan tender document
• Filling of SCM document
• Prepare and arrange meetings
• Capture data on the system and update the file accordingly
• Upload tender document into the system (Website)
• Perform any other assigned job with regard to Supply Chain Management
• Update and follow up expired documents such as Tax Clearance and BBBEE
Page 2 of 2
certificates and SBD forms with suppliers
• Perform the help desk function
• Follow-up on supplier’s invoices, statements, orders etc.
• Document management and proper filling of SCM documents
• Coordinate the supplier payment process by registering, processing and forwarding
invoices from suppliers to Finance Officer for payment
• Receive delivered goods and verify
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is self-motivated and very detail conscious,
dependable and will act in an understanding and helpful manner while performing tasks
associated with the position. The position also requires being honest and ethical, being
pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
NMISA subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act.
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the requirements and who will add to the
cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. NMISA’s Human Capital Development
programme, which this Internship forms part of, is focused on recruiting the following
candidates in order of preference: Coloured, African & Indians.
Interested and suitably qualified persons may forward all supporting documentation
required (updated CV, certified educational qualifications, certified academic record
and certified ID.) when applying for the position email NMISA Human Resource at
email@example.com Only candidates with all supporting documents will be
considered for the position. Clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Closing date for applications: 30 November 2021
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
By applying for this position at NMISA, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that
NMISA may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or the SAP
in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entails the handling of cash or
finances and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment