Join us as Protection Officer Investigations, where you will be responsible for conducting investigations at Operation level. You will report to an Investigation Superintendent / Senior Superintendent / PS Manager and will be expected to apply best practice investigation and surveillance techniques in order to monitor high risk situations, apprehend criminals and investigate breaches of security.
We take safety seriously, so will you.
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
As Protection Officer Investigations you will be required to conduct investigations either for Centralised Management or on behalf of the Operation Protection Services Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Continuously liase with the Investigation Manager, Senior Superintendent / Superintendent on investigation strategy and operations
- Ensure that safety and legal standards are adhered to in performing investigation duties
- Provide effective feedback to clients on the progress and conclusions of investigations
- Apply investigation tools, techniques and methodologies to support initiatives
- Apply when necessary, contingency plans to ensure that the investigation is protected from risk even in adverse conditions.
- Verify gathered information for its reliability
This role is in the Protection Services Department at a C4 Level reporting toInvestigation Superintendent / Senior Superintendent / PS Manager
- Minimum Grade 12
- Registered with PSIRA Grade B
To be successful, you will have the following experience:
- Four years Anglo American platinum PS experience; or
- Four years’ experience in similar role in Police Force/ SANDF/ Correctional services / Private Security Industry
- Literate in English
- First Aid Certificate
- Applicable firearm Unit Standard Qualifications (business purposes competency)
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
If your application is successful, criminal and other background checks, where appropriate, will be required
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.