Higher Health: IT Administrator
Higher Education and Training Health Wellness and Development Centre is an implementing agency of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) in respect of health, wellness and development of students and staff at 26 public universities and 50 technical and vocational education and training (TVET) colleges, with some 400 campuses across the country. The organisation is a national force for youth development, inspiring and enabling students to safeguard their health and wellbeing and pursue opportunities for personal growth and social responsibility.
Higher Education and Training Health Wellness and Development Centre aims to contribute to the success of the higher education and training sector by:
- Improving the health and psycho-social wellbeing of students, thereby enabling larger numbers of students to complete their studies and graduate in sound health.
- Enriching the knowledge and skills students acquire in relation to health, mental wellbeing and social development, and preparing them for career and family responsibilities.
- Creating a campus environment that is conducive to student health and wellbeing and offers structured opportunities for their personal development.
Higher Education and Training Health Wellness and Development Centre invites applications for the position of IT Administrator to be based in Centurion. This role will be on a consultancy basis.
The primary role of the IT Administrator is to oversee and maintain all aspects of the Company’s computer infrastructure. This includes maintaining networks, servers, security programs and systems, printers and telephony. The IT Administrator manages the upgrade and installation of new hardware and software, perform troubleshooting to address any problems with computer systems, and assesses viruses, malware, etc., and potential threats to the Company’s network.
- Information Technology Degree and / or Diploma;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification);
- A minimum of 5 years IT related experience required;
- Knowledge and experience of Firewall Management;
- Knowledge of cloud;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft exchange and Office 365 environments;
- Knowledge of Servers, WAN, SLAs and SDLC;
- Knowledge of SharePoint;
- Knowledge MDM (Mobile Device Management);
- Experience as an IT support technician and directly supporting end-users, both face-to-face and remotely;
- Advanced knowledge of Networking;
- Ability to prioritize, be attentive to details, maintain confidentiality, and provide exceptional service is required;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows and Apple operating systems;
- Experience troubleshooting and setting up mobile devices, especially those on the Android and iOS platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for regular maintenance of network, users and resources within the company;
- Oversee the day-to-day onsite and remote technical support;
- Update network applications as required;
- Maintain hardware and software;
- Analyse problems, troubleshoot complex network issues and monitor the IT Environment;
- Responsible for onsite and remote sites servers and systems;
- Maintaining and monitoring IT equipment that is issued to staff;
- Perform routine systems monitoring and performance benchmarking;
- Monitor and remove virus, spyware, and other non-authorized software;
- Perform security related operational tasks in order to ensure that quality control procedures are implemented and upheld;
- Implement a Help Desk system for efficient assistance in IT related queries and resolution of open tickets;
- Ensure that all licensing is in place and kept current;
- Technical support in development, optimisation and maintenance of electronic digital platforms for programme monitoring that support HIGHER HEALTH implementation
- Ensure integration and interoperability of new digital platforms with existing platforms Health platforms such as HealthCheck
- Assist in IT Audit;
- Provide IT support after hours where necessary.
Salary for the position is market-related.
Interested candidates should please submit a one-page letter of motivation, CV and the names and contact details of at least three traceable referees, by close of business on 12 May 2021 to: HR@higherhealth.ac.za OR email@example.com
The position is subject to availability of funding and Higher Education and Training Health Wellness and Development Centre reserves the right not to make an appointment.