Dis-Chem Pharmacies requires an IT Help Desk Support at our Head Office in Midrand. You will be responsible for answering, commenting and replying to help desk inquiries received through varies communication channels and assisting staff members in the most effective way possible as per Dis-Chem standard operating procedures.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Minimum 1year relevant experience
- Relevant IT Qualification
- 2 Years relevant experience
- Assist support staff with field work as needed.
- Sets up and operates computer and machinery peripheral.
- Trains clients on operating system.
- Troubleshoot minor equipment malfunctions.
- Monitor Data transfer – Main Unisolv Server and Backup Server.
- Monitor Off-Site Backups – Unisolv Data to Dis-Chem Data Centre.
- Monitor Server Backups – Image Backups to Central Storage.
- Infrastructure Change Management.
- Monitor Netflow, WAN and Anti- Virus.
- Create new internet accounts.
- Update and maintain company contacts.
- Maintain log of all worked preformed and processed.
- Work requires knowledge of computer logic and methodology to run computer systems. Strong aptitude in OS repairs, spy ware and virus removal, hardware, upgrades and troubleshooting. Knowledge of computer logic in order to perform task listed under principal duties, and responsibilities. Knowledge of methodology to run computer systems and to troubleshoot minor computer equipment malfunctions
- English – Read, write and speak well
- Trustworthy and Honest. Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned. Interpersonal skills necessary to train others in computer systems. Employee must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving iWork requires ability to read and comprehend instruction manuals in order to make minor repairs to computer equipment
- Ability to read computer instruction manuals and comprehend directions therein in order to remedy minor computer equipment malfunctions instructions
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Strong aptitude in O.S. Repairs, Spyware removal, virus removal, hardware, troubleshoots upgrades
- 2nd Additional language
Special conditions of employment:
- Needs to work under pressure and reach tight deadlines
- South African
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.