A well known ICT Management firm based in Pretoria is looking for a Senior IT Operations Manager for a 5 years fixed term contract
Purpose of the job
To provide strategic direction, leadership and management of Tier 2 Provincial operations by overseeing the rendering of ICT services, monitoring and reporting on programme/project performance, improving customer satisfaction and promoting customer advocacy, enhancing long-term client relations which is evidenced by improved Client satisfaction levels. Additionally, to oversee the effectiveness and efficiency of the Tier 2 Province and towards the realization of revenue growth and the optimal utilization of skills and competencies in the province in order to ensure a sustainable value proposition.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Provide input to the development and implementation of the Provincial and Local Government Service Strategy
- Drive continuous improvement to improve service delivery to customers
- Consolidate and facilitate the implementation of the Provincial Government departments IT and Procurement Plans in respect of the mandate
- Provide direction and leadership in the general management and operations of the Province
- Drive customer satisfaction excellence through effective Customer Advocacy strategies
- Provide thought leadership to clients with regard to digital solution provisioning
- Ensure effective management of resources (i.e. budget/finances, asset) within the Province.
- Ensure effective Human Capital Management (Leadership)
- Implement Service Delivery Model for Tier 2 Province capabilities, as per the Tiered Distribution Model
- Manage compliance management processes within the department
- Responsible for the Financial Management for the Province in order to ensure revenue generation/ profitability
- Ability to attract/grow new business thus growing revenue in the province.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum of Bachelors Degree / B.Tech in Business Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Commerce and/or equivalent (NFQ Level and Credits).
8+ years management/leadership experience within an IT environment, of which 4 years experience as a general manager or senior manager in corporate/public sector organisation.
Technical Competencies Description
Knowledge of: Corporate Governance; ICT Governance and compliance; Solution Development; ICT Service Delivery; IT Quality Management; General Business management and development; General HR Management;
General Financial management; General ICT procurement; COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) products; OSS (Open source software) products; IT Strategies and architecture; Programme/Project Management; Business risk and issue identification; Knowledge of PFMA, MFMA and procurement policies in government; Consulting in a digital society.
Skills: Business Analysis, Business Development, Business Writing, Customer Relationship Management, Human Capital Management, Enterprise ICT Governance (Policies & Legislation), IT Project Management, IT Service Management, Project/Programme Management, IT Risk Management, and Corporate Governance.
Leadership Competencies: Customer Experience, Collaboration, Communicating and Influencing, Honesty, Integrity and Fairness, Outcomes driven, Planning and Organising, Creative Problem Solving, Bimodal IT Practice, Managing People and Driving Performance, Decision-making, and Responding to Change and Pressure.