- Information technology
- Rosebank , JHB
- Security Manager
- Life Healthcare is seeking a Security Manager based at Head Office, within the Information Management Department The IT Security Manager performs two core functions for the enterprise-the first is overseeing the operations of the enterprise’s security solutions through management of the organization’s security analysts. The second is establishing an enterprise security stance through policy, architecture and training processes. Secondary tasks will include the selection of appropriate security solutions, and oversight of any vulnerability audits and assessments.
The IT Security Manager is expected to interface with peers in the Systems and Network departments as well as with the leaders of the business units to both share the corporate security vision with those individuals and to solicit their involvement in achieving higher levels of enterprise security through information sharing and co-operation.
- Critical Outputs
- Strategy & Planning
- Support Security Architect to create and maintain the enterprise’s security architecture design.
- Create, and maintain the enterprise’s security awareness training program.
- Create and maintain the enterprise’s security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures).
- Create and maintain the enterprise’s Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, where appropriate.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Select and acquire additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security as per the enterprise’s existing procurement processes.
- Oversee the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories.
- Ensure the enforcement of enterprise security documents.
- Supervise all investigations into problematic activity and provide on-going communication with senior management.
- Supervise the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Perform regular security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with enterprise security documents.
- Engage in ongoing communications with peers in the Systems and Networking groups as well as the various business groups to ensure enterprise wide understanding of security goals, to solicit feedback and to foster co-operation.
- Diploma or university degree in the field of computer science
- Minimum 5 years work experience.
One or more of the following certifications:
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification
- GIAC Security Leadership Certification
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security
- (ISC)2 SCCP
- (ISC)2 CISSP
- (ISC)2 ISSAP
- Extensive experience in enterprise security architecture design.
- Extensive experience in enterprise security document creation.
- Experience in designing and delivering employee security awareness training.
- Experience in developing Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Experience in managing of staff of 4-8 individuals
- Extensive experience with Symantec, DarkTrace, Guardian, Fortinet .
- Experience with Microsoft ATP and Azure Security.
- Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols.
- Planning and organizing
- Deadline driven
- Ability to handle pressure
- Building relationships
- Attention to detail
- Closing date
- Friday, January 22, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.