The Witness has a vacancy for an experienced, digitally savvy newshound who knows their way around the news landscape in Pietermaritzburg.
The Witness is a respected news brand that covers KZN news and publishes across platforms.
This position requires an established junior journalist who has experience in reporting and working across various platforms, including print. The ideal candidate would also have CMS management experience and social media, video and photography proficiency.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reporting on a wide range of news from breaking news to lifestyle features.
- Editing and reworking articles for digital and print
- Shooting and editing video for various platforms, including YouTube and social media
- Writing articles and enhancing them with pictures and videos
- Setting up a daily diary
- Processing and publishing copy on the CMS. A good understanding of SEO concepts is necessary.
- Publishing social media posts on various platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- The ideal candidate will need to be an enthusiastic self-starter who can work independently and hit the ground running.
- At least 18 months experience in the journalism industry;
- Experience in sub-editing;
- Video shooting and editing skills.
- Driver’s licence and own transport
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.