Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an opportunity available for Junior Accountant at our Head Office in Midrand. The role will be responsible for the financial accounting and general ledger management.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Bcom Accounting Degree or relevant qualification
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience
- Post graduate degree in finance
- Experience as an Article Clerk in an accounting or auditing firm
- Be responsible for managing projects, financial system and due diligence processes for new business acquisitions.
- Analyse monthly General ledger Accounts for correct allocations and reconciliations of all accounts.
- Ensure the book closing and maintenance of the general ledger accounts is in line with the accounting policies.
- Conduct weekly review and analysis of pricing differences report.
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Prepare and maintain the Cash Forecast Schedule.
- Assist Senior Accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
- Maintain integrity of Balance Sheet accounts through analysis and reconciliation.
- Conduct monthly review of rebate calculations in respect of condition contracts in order to confirm accuracy.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising account information and trends.
- Enforce adherence to requirements, filing reports, advising management on needed actions.
- Apply authoritative knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), related principles and practices, and functions within Dis-Chem.
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. SAP
- IFRS Knowledge, Knowledge and Understanding of Accounting Standards, Tax Legislation, etc.
- Decision making & judgement
- Quality Orientation
- Project management
- Business Acumen
- financial skills
Special conditions of employment:
- Deadline driven
- South African Citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.