Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity available for a Junior Editor (Soccer Betting news) The position will be responsible to assist with accurately compiling the Soccer Betting Newspaper with sound insights into the world of soccer for the punter and to provide meaningful information to all other users of the publication. The information presented needs to be well researched using current form of the teams and must be of the highest quality. To ensure that all deadlines are met with regards to the preparation of the publication. To play a support role and directly liaise with the design team at the Racing Office to produce a world class soccer betting publication. Ensure achievement of company’s strategic objectives, goal plans and targets through line management. Ensure that there is compliance with all policies and procedures and strict adherence to internal controls. Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting is done accurately and timeously and contains appropriate content to enable effective decision making. Intermediate involvement through the editor on social media content and platform management.
- Understanding of Soccer (International and local).
- Strong Writing Skills.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Knowledge of betting.
Financial Metrics / Operational Duties
- Responsible for composing the weekly front and back cover of the Soccer Betting Newspaper with the editor.
- Responsible for the composing of brag ads for any tips that won.
- Researching and writing match and league previews.
- Compiling of various other articles, examples are profiles, news, team of the week, etc.
- Responsible for forecasting local odds.
- The creation and editing of soccer articles.
- Responsible for updating relevant leagues to feature in each SBN issue.
- Providing various tips in the publication for punters for many leagues throughout the world.
- Liaising directly with the design team regarding Hollywood’s /external customers’ adverts to be placed in the publication.
- Ability to work long hours, over weekends and public holidays should the need arise.
- Overall support function to the Editor.
- Working with the Editor to proactively manage resources to meet the needs/goals of the publication.
Compliance, Risk and Quality
- 100% compliance with company policies and procedures.
- 100% compliance with health and safety regulations.
- 100% compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Ensure content accuracy in the Soccer Betting newspapers.
- Ensure that all work and documents are chronologically saved/backed up.
- Ensure that the newspaper publication is free from racial, gender bias, derogatory, defamatory comments.
Growth and new markets/products
- Ensure measures are put in place and steps are taken to achieve the short, medium- and long-term goals.
- Assist with new Soccer betting news initiatives and projects as and when these become due.
- Actively seek methods to attract new customers and enhance the publication to cater for readers and punters.
- Keep abreast of the competition in the Soccer publications market and ensure that SBN is of the highest quality.
- Timeous assistance with new publications projects as and when these becomes due.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impressive planning, problem solving and time management skills.
- High ethical work standard with a strong sense of accountability.
- Good attention to detail and to demonstrate initiative at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure and still produce good quality results timeously.
- Capability to multitask with a result driven focus.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.