Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity available for Junior Internal Auditors to be based at Team Support , Umhlanga. The Junior Internal Auditor will be responsible for and assisting in the performance of audit assignments, internal control frameworks and risk assessments, including tests of controls and/or tests of detail including but not limited to, financial audits, IT audits, internal controls, operational performance, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, accreditation standards, contracts, compliance with company policies and procedures, and fraud investigations. Adheres to all corporate policies and procedures as well as professional ethical standards. Complies with the Risk Management Framework. Attends to adhoc tasks and projects as allocated from time to time by the Manager.
- Completed degree/bachelor’s degree, majoring in auditing.
- Computer literate (MS Excel on an intermediate level).
- 1-2 administrative experience.
- 1-3 years accounting/internal audit experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to travel .
Financial Metrics/Operational Duties
- Prepare and complete the Internal Control Frameworks.
- Complete initial risk assessment and rating of risks.
- Complete walk throughs.
- Execute test of controls.
- Document the outcome of test of controls and relevant findings.
- Assess the effectiveness of controls and rate the residual risk accordingly.
- Identify gaps in process and related controls.
- Formulate recommendations/improvement areas were necessary.
- Address review queries timeously and accurately.
- Complete audit tasks and projects as allocated by the Managers within the set timeframes and deadlines.
- Apply sampling on the methodology as agreed with the Senior Internal Auditor/Manager.
- Extrapolate errors identified in testing against the population as required.
- Take ownership and accountability for allocated internal audits.
- Thoroughly and timely reviews findings and other investigative leads that potentially identify suspicious activity.
- Ensure that auditable transactions, processes, activities, and control systems are compliant with legislation, business policies, and procedures and the Internal Control Framework.
- Collaborate with team members across multiple divisions and departments.
- Submit a daily report detailing aspects of work completed.
- Attends to adhoc tasks and projects as allocated from time to time by the Manager.
- Adhere to the principles of an ethical, honest, transparent, fair work environment.
- Performance must be tracked by yourself, and the onus is placed on you to set-up performance review meetings with manager.
- Communicate in a professional manner.
Compliance, risk and quality
- Compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and affiliated professional standards.
- Compliance with Risk Management Framework.
- Intense focus on quality with regards to communication, capturing, documentation etc.
- Ensure logical saving of all work, templates, etc. monthly and yearly such that each year’s financial records can stand on its own when enquiries/ investigations/audits take place.
- Produce high quality, neat, logical, succinct, easy to follow, easy to understand, formula linked work/templates/workbooks/financial models/recons/audits – of which is substantiated by facts with no numbers in the formulas.
- Ensure the above (final version) and other documents are chronologically saved/backed up.
- Summarize the detailed daily findings on the designated software or relevant workbook and submit a daily report to the Senior and Group Internal Audit Manager.
- Report suspicious behavior and fraud findings immediately.
- Promote declaration of all gifts.
- Promote non acceptance of kickbacks. Instances to be reported immediately.
- Promote declaration all conflicts of interest upfront.
- Promote a culture of confidentiality within the business with regards to the protection of personal information.
- Promote the Code of Ethics (Integrity, Objectivity, Confidentiality and Competence).
- Ensure all personal information of employees, customers and suppliers and other stakeholders is not shared and is maintained in a secure environment.
- Stay abreast with changes in the relevant industry and changes to relevant Acts/Regulations.
Growth and new markets/products
- Ensure that measures are put in place and steps are taken to achieve short term, medium-term, long-term goals of the broader group.
- Assist with company projects or lead company projects as allocated from time to time.
Skills and competencies:
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Impressive planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Good business acumen and high ethical work standards.
- Ability to multitask and show initiative at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure and still produce good quality results timeously.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.