A vacancy exists for Junior Legal Assistant for the Head Office in Roodepoort and Midrand office reporting to the Head of Legal. The main purpose of the position is to provide administrative and support to the businesses in dealing with legal issues, contracts and opinons.
- Grade 12.
- LLB or equivalent tertiary qualification
- Administrative and organisation skills.
- At least 3-5 Years’ experience as a legal paralegal.
- Valid driver’s license with own reliable transport.
- Ability to travel as and when required.
- Ability to work extended hours as and when required.
- Clear criminal record and no pending cases.
- Advanced Excel, MS Word and Power Point proficiency.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict effectively.
- Ability to handle work related stress and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Settle, check and reversion on agreements and legal issues
- Office administration and general Administrative duties.
- Co-ordination of e-mail, correspondence and written communication
- Maintaining of strict confidential protocols regarding correspondence and communication.
- Liaising at different levels of the Branch and act as Ambassador of the General Managers office.
- Consolidate management information and reports.
- Compiling weekly and monthly reports.
- Typing of documents, contracts, reports and preparation of presentations
- Assisting in queries and day to day co-ordination of operational tasks related to area of responsibility.
OTHER PERSONALITY ATTRIBUTES & CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle office maters with utmost professionalism.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with diplomacy and tact to interact effectively at all levels.
- Above average report writing skills.
- Organizing skills.
- Initiative skills.
- Time Management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Self-development and that of others.
- Self-motivated & Independent operator.
- Delivery-orientated and deadline-driven
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required
- High emotional intelligence (EQ) required.
- Professional interpersonal communication (written and verbal).
- Able to function in an unstructured environment.
- Build relationships across the business
- Ownership and accountability and decision making skills.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team. Whilst black female candidates will be given priority as per our transformation policy subject to the above criteria.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.