- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Junior Porter
- A vacancy exists for a Junior Porter at Life Rosepark Hospital in Bloemfontein, reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
The successful candidate will be part of a professional team that is continuously striving for the highest standards of quality in healthcare.
- Critical Outputs
- To assist the nursing staff with transporting patients on their beds to and from Theatre.
- To assist the nursing staff with transporting patients in the hospital, with beds or trolleys, in a professional and friendly manner.
- Assisting patients with wheelchairs to doctor’s rooms, x-ray department and other departments for examinations and treatment.
- Taking patient related documents between departments within the hospital.
- Performance of any other patient related non – nursing tasks assigned to the porter by the Line Manager.
- Check wheelchairs for cleanliness and whether in need of repairs.
- Assist with ad-hoc duties as and when required by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
- At least 1 year’s experience as a porter in a private hospital environment will be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism is required.
- Experience in dealing with customers and focus on customer excellence is essential.
- The ability to work in a constantly changing environment is required.
- Must be able to work in other wards if the need arises.
- Must be part of the dynamic hospital team.
- Esmarelda Benade
- 051 505 5519
- Closing date
- Monday, July 5, 2021
*We will no longer be accepting hand delivered CV’s
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.