Junior Procurement Officer (6-12 Months Fixed Term Contract)
CEF (SOC) Ltd is involved in the search for appropriate energy solutions to meet
the energy needs of South Africa, The Southern African Development Community
(SADC) and the sub-Saharan African region, focussing on clean energy options as
well as fossil fuels as per the mandate from the Department of Energy. It also
manages the operation and development of the oil and gas assets of the South
African government including strategic crude oil assets and management. CEF
controls entities with commercial and developmental roles, housed in eight
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in administration, accounting,
Procurement / Supply Chain Management, Logistics or related field
(preferably with basic technical knowledge or experience)
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in procurement
• Basic experience in projects, engineering, procurement and operations will be
an added advantage
• Basic knowledge of procurement policies & processes, PFMA and the
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with personal computers and networking, specifically Microsoft
Word and Excel
• Basic knowledge and experience in quotations and quotations with service
providers, consultants and/or suppliers
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Coordinate and conduct administrative procurement activities by tracking
requisitions, requesting supplier documents such as Tax compliance and
Central Supplier Database registration reports ,
• Update and maintain the Procurement/vendor databases / sites,
• Filing of tender documentations and archiving of files to offsite storage;
• Contribute to updating of procurement policies, procedures and work
practices, provide secretariat services to the procurement committees,
communicate with external and internal customers regarding procurement
• General administrative duties in compliance with internal policies and
procedures and applicable legislation, to ensure a professional service is
provided to the Procurement department • Contributing towards ensuring the achievement of on-time delivery,
contractual obligations, technical requirements and quality.
• Assist in ensuring that appropriate terms and conditions are specified and
adhered to within the contract.
• Provide support to Procurement Officer in compiling, issuing and management
of a range of proposals to include Request for Quotations, and Request for
Proposals through to contract award/expansions.
• Assist with negotiations between CEF and suppliers and ensure that best-value
• Assist Procurement Officers in maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
• Provide support to Procurement Officers in managing workloads.
Closing Date: 01st April 2021
Please submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to Recruitment-JPO@cefgroup.co.za