Junior Project Manager
07 May 2021
Garden Route National Park
SANParks is offering a developmental position for a Junior Project Manager on a fixed-term contract up to 31 March 2023, as part of a mentorship programme. The Junior Project Manager must assist the Project Manager with the Working for Water Programme implementation in the Goudveld Section of the Garden Route National Park. The position is on a Paterson C1 salary band total remuneration package of R 19 141.51 per month staying outside the park plus Tool of Trade allowance of R3 913.25 (must have a suitable vehicle) per month pending approval as per SANParks Delegation framework.
Interested parties are requested to send the following:
- Updated CV
- Proof of qualifications acquired plus a driver’s license
- Letters of reference
Send information to:
Att: Zandile Titi
Address: 399 Farm Road
Tel: 044 532 7823
Subject line: Applications_Junior PM
Should you not hear from us within 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- National Diploma in Nature Conservation or Environmental Management
- Code 08 driver’s license is an essential requirement of the position
- Computer Literate in MS office packages
- Experience in rehabilitation techniques and/or invasive alien plant clearing is essential for this position.
- Assist with operational planning of the project
- Assist in appointment, coordination and mentoring of contractors and their workers
- Mapping work areas through the use of appropriate tools and software.
- Coordinate contractor training, supervision and capacity building
- Quality control and production control of contracts and task-based operations
- Compliance to standards/norms as well as Health and Safety requirements
- Asset and stores management
- Monitoring and submission of reports on the project progress
- Assist in the financial and administrative management of the project
- Organisation and assisting with community programmes.