Location: GT, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Distell Ltd offers exciting opportunities for candidates with potential for placement in our Quality Management & Research (QM & R) department. This position will be based in the Secondary production, Springs in Gauteng.
Purpose of the Positions:
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are in their final year of study and require exposure in a work environment and require practical work experience in order to obtain their qualification. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a full-time 12 month contract commencing on the 1st of February 2022 and terminating on the 31 January 2023.
Key Learning Areas include (but are not limited to):
- Quality Assurance (Intrinsic & extrinsic quality control; Quality Management Systems; etc.)
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- South African citizenship.
- Satisfactory academic record and in final year of obtaining relevant tertiary qualification / recently qualified (e.g. National Diploma in Food Technology; National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry; BSc Bio Technology; etc.).
- Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Sound communication and presentation skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to cope with the inherent physical demands of the position.
- Willing and able to work extended hours.
- Reliable transport to and from place of work.
- Valid driving licence would be beneficial.
- Must be willing, able and committed to enter into and complete the 12 month internship programme.
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Motivational letter.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- Certified copy of tertiary academic record (progress report).
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate.
- A letter from the tertiary institution stating the internship requirement and format for evaluation.
- Certified copies of Identity Document
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers.
Reference Number:18885 Closing Date: 10 January 2022
Please note that candidates who do not receive any correspondence within 1 month after the closing date may assume that their application were unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying