Labour Relations Manager
29 July 2021
Closing date: 11 August 2021
Kruger National Park
Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of Labour Relations Manager in Kruger National Park. The successful incumbent will be expected to stay outside the park hence the package includes housing. The position will report to the General Manager: Labour Relations and will be stationed at Skukuza but responsible for the entire park.
Paterson Grading: D3
Purpose of the Job
To render an advisory, training and counselling service with regard to Labour Relations issues in Kruger National Park that will contribute to a sound Labour Relations climate.
NB. The position will be filled in line with the Employment Equity Targets for KNP.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should forward their applications (letter) accompanied by detailed CVs as well as recently certified copies of all qualifications to the following address:
Human Capital Management
ATT: Simon Marutha
Tel no: (013) 735 4175/4047
Kruger National Park
SANParks reserves the right not to make an appointment.
If you have not been responded to within 14 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
SANParks is committed to the principles of employment equity. Preference will be given to Previously Disadvantaged Individuals (PDI)/ Historically Disadvantaged South Africans (HDSA).
- Degree in Human Resources Management /Advance Diploma in Labour Law or equivalent
- 4 to 6 years relevant work experience
- Extensive working knowledge on Labour Laws, handling disciplinary, grievance
- hearings and CCMA cases
- Communication and analytical skills
- Project Management skills
- Negotiating, persuasion and investigative skills
- Must have good interpersonal and people management skills
- Computer Skills
- Quality assurance Skills
- Customer Centric Skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Extensive working knowledge of alternative dispute resolution procedures.
- Candidate must be in possession and a driver’s license.
- To give input to Policy formulation and Labour Relations Strategy
- To compile a 3-5 year Business Plan for Labour Relations
- To manage training on Labour Relations and Human Capital Management
- To manage relationships with internal stakeholders i.e. Shop Stewards & Line Management
- To manage employee relations i.e. ensure stringent adherence to Labour Legislation
- To manage labour litigation i.e. CCMA cases, Labour Court cases
- To render a consultative service to managers in terms of advice management on Labour Relations and Human Capital Management issues
- To render sound administrative practices
- To manage, control and monitor the budget
- To Research on Collective Bargaining issues
- To Monitor and Control expenditure
- Facilitate the revival & functioning of line management and shop stewards committee
- Monitor accurate reporting of Union Membership
- To conduct Information Sharing sessions
- To attend Regional and Corporate departmental Management meetings
- To Facilitate Sub-Committee Meetings
- To Research on Labour Relations Policies that require review and update
R 541 332 – R 887 521