Department of Health
Department of Health
LABOUR RELATIONS OFFICER
- Reference Number : refs/012394
- Directorate : HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT (JHB HEALTH DISTRICT)
- Number of Posts : 2
- Package : R 257 508 per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries : Enquiries: Mr. W Gaga 011 694 3904/071 031 8774
- Grade 12 /National Senior Certificate, three-year National Diploma (NQF 6) / Degree (NQF 7) in Human Resources Management / Labour Law / Labour Relations as recognised by SAQAn with at least 1-2 years’ experience in Labour Relations. The reporting and control requirements associated with this post requires an in depth understanding of the application of employment related legislation and various policies and procedures regulating employment conditions, workplace conflict and resolution. Report Writing skills; A valid driver’s licence; Good interpersonal and communication skills; Be able to work independently; Computer literate (Ms Word/Excel); Good negotiating skills; Conflict Handling skills; Labour Relations Legislative Interpreting skills; Project Management skills; Group Facilitation Skills.
- Facilitate the prompt finalisation of misconduct and grievance cases within stipulated framework as per Disciplinary Code and Procedure in the Public Service. Ensure and monitor the implementation of the outcome of grievances and hearings. Assist with the coordination and/ or hosting of the functioning of the Local Labour Forum; facilitate formal engagement between labour and employer for purposes of consultation and negotiation; Give advice to Management, staff and unions on labour related matters and evaluate policies and procedures in line with labour legislations; Build and maintain constructive relationships with unions, management and staff; Ensure compliance with relevant collective agreement; Monitor and give advice with the handling of disciplinary hearings/incapacity hearings; Conduct preliminary investigations to establish the need for formal disciplinary procedures to be proceeded with; Coordinate and facilitate Labour Relations Training; Implement and maintain strike contingency plans; Keep record of daily Labour Relations related activities, update records and files to maintain a database of labour matters. Represent the Department at arbitrations and conciliations.
- The completed and signed New Z83 form should be accompanied by a recent updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification, driving license and ID document must be double sided. Certification should not be more than 6 months old. Applications should be emailed to JhbHealth.DistrictJobApplications@gauteng.gov.za. Please ensure that the reference number is quoted correctly. All recommended candidates will be subjected to positive results of the security clearance process (criminal records), the verification of educational qualifications certificates and medical screening. Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be considered. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : JHB HEALTH DISTRICT
Closing Date : 12-11-2021
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.