Responsible for lease administration as assigned. Keeps tenant records, deposit and lease fees accounts accurate and current. Completes related reports, summaries, and records, and performs related clerical duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of assigned leasing administration functions, including:
a. Terminates tenant accounts on instruction and notifies departments
b. Captures journal entries:
• Lease Fees & Deposits & appropriation of deposits.
c. Advises meter readers of changes
e. Arrange invoices for tenants paying deposits/rental in advance
f. Upload all relevant documents to BOL & send original lease for archiving
g. Electricity & Water Adjustments – Notifies Utility Company, advises meter readers of tenant movements, Electricity & Water adjustments
h. Send tenant copies of signed lease & offer
i. Credit rating procedure
2. Assumes responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of assigned lease administration functions, including:
a. Drafts and prepares leases
b. Keep register of all lease movements
c. Captures and Processes lease agreements via owners approval form
d. Cedes leases
e. Prepares, cancels and amends Lease agreements, Addenda and Suretyships
f. Handles & checks deposits, bank guarantees & maintaining replacement bank guarantees & additional deposits, updating all reports accordingly.
g. Reconciliation of deposit account
Adhering to assigned deadlines & timelines as required
i. Ensuring all processes in terms of lease tracking are adhered to.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel and with management.
a. Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions (Liaise with Property Administrator on tenant movement)
b. Assists Portfolio Management personnel as needed.
c. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
d. Attends and participates in management meetings & take minutes of such meetings
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Completes special projects as assigned
b. Any other duties related to loading and processing of lease renewals & administration thereof
c. Update & maintain lease audits
d. Update & maintain building lease profiles
e. Upload monthly leasing reports for management packs
f. Prepare monthly executive summary for reporting to leasing manager
1. Lease documents, records, and reports are accurate, current, and timely.
2. Good working relations exist with Company personnel.
3. Good communication and coordination exist with Leasing Manager. Provide Assistance as and when required.
4. Management is appropriately informed of area activities.
7. Lease administration is completed in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures.
Good understanding of “Legal Leases”
Basic understanding of accounting practices
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Well organized and detail oriented.
Good math skills.
Excellent grammar and spelling skills in business
Good attention to detail and accuracy.
Cooperative and willing to assist others.
Excellent Communication Skills
Excellent Computer Skills
Good Interpersonal Skills
Able to use PC, calculator, and other basic business machines.