Direct Reporting Line:
Programme Manager (School of Humanities and Social Sciences)
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
A Lecturer (Independent Contractor) vacancy exists at the Waterfall campus in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, for the following qualification for the 2021 academic year:
- IIE Bachelor of Arts
- Communication Skills
- Online Technology & Communication Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Effective Classroom Management
- Open to Development
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Honours degree in English OR
- BA degree with English as a major to third year (NQF level 7) PLUS a postgraduate teaching diploma with English as a didactic subject.
Minimum Work Experience Required:
- Teaching/Lecturing experience in English required;
- Ideally, work experience in publishing/ editing/writing etc.
- Availability to lecture Part-time during the week, between 8am – 5pm (on campus and/or online).
- Deliver module content as prescribed in Module Outline.
- Provide a student support function through consultations, where necessary.
- Grade all assessments for assigned classes.
- Candidates must be comfortable with working on online platforms, as this is a requirement under Covid-19 conditions.