Direct Reporting Line:
Programme Manager (School of Education)
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
Lecturer (Independent Contractor) vacancy exist at the Waterfall (Midrand) campus in the School of Law, for the following qualification for the 2021 academic year:
- Higher Certificate in Legal Studies
- Communication Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Effective Classroom Management
- Open to Development
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- South African 5 or 4-year law degree (B.Proc and/or LLB) or
- A South African Master of Laws (LLM) degree at NQF level 9
- Having been admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa, and / or
- Having been admitted as an advocate of the High Court of South Africa and having successfully completed pupillage by the incumbent is preferable.
Minimum Work Experience Required
- Experience in teaching law modules at tertiary level,
- Experience in teaching law modules for LEAD (Legal Education and Development),
- Work experience as a practicing attorney, advocate, legal advisor, magistrate, or otherwise in the legal profession,
- Work experience in one of the parastatals or Chapter 9 Institutions as a legal advisor; assistant; commissioner at CCMA, a Bargaining Council (BC); a legal advisor for a registered trade union and/or trade union federation; or any other legal position held.
- Please note that this is an Independent Contractor role.
- Positions are part-time, with lectures taking place between 08:00 and 17:00.