The Legal Practice Council (LPC) is currently embarking on a process to fill the role of an Administrator: Risk and Compliance in Limpopo (Polokwane Provincial Offices).
About the Company
The Legal Practice Council is a national, statutory body established in terms of section 4 of the Legal Practice Act, No 28 of 2014. The Council regulate the affairs of and exercise jurisdiction over all Legal Practitioners (Attorneys and Advocates) and Candidate Legal Practitioners.
Qualifications & Experience
- Matric/Grade 12 Certificate;
- National Diploma in Paralegal Studies or Administration (NQF 6).
Knowledge & Experience
- 2 years Administrative Experience (Legal)
- Knowledge of Legal Practice Act;
- Computer literacy (MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
How you can make a difference?
▪ Communication ▪ Attention to detail ▪ Interpersonal ▪ Accuracy ▪ Problem solving ▪ Integrity ▪ Time management ▪ Multitasking ▪ Report writing ▪ Typing ▪ Team player ▪ Working under pressure ▪
- Reconcile interest payments;
- Import data from reconciliations on records;
- Submit and correspond with LPFF on submitted claims;
- Reconcile and keep record all fees paid to panel attorneys;
- Keep record of instructions given to panel attorneys;
- Receive and capture audit reports;
- Verify audit reports as per checklist and ensure reports are received in the original and correct format;
- Identify possible areas of non-compliance on minor issues;
- Identify firms that have not submitted audit reports within the allocated timeframe;
- Send out letters requesting payment for late submissions;
- Capture approval on electronic portal linked to Fidelity Fund System;
- Assist in the handling of telephonic enquiries ;
- Attend to walk-in enquiries, as and when required;
- Handle visitors and attend to general enquiries;
- Keep a record of all correspondence and enquiries;
- Capture files uplifted from the legal practices of legal practitioners who have been barred/deceased;
- Correspond timeously with the storage facility regarding uplifted files;
- Assist members of the public with files uplifted from legal practices and Keep records of files uplifted from legal practices.
Additional Information & Application Process:
- Kindly submit a recently updated comprehensive CV;
- Copies of all relevant qualification(s) (inclusive of Matric)
- Copy of ID and driver’s license.
- Suitable candidate(s) will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (criminal record check, citizenship verification, qualification/study verification and previous employment verification).
- Please note that correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates, if you do not receive any response within 30 days from the closing date of the advert, consider your application not successful.
- Ref No: LP01/2021