The above mentioned position is vacant at FCS Head Office in Midrand
Qualifications and Experience
- A formal legal qualification (LLB minimum);
- An admitted attorney will be advantageous;
- IT Proficiency – Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and Power point.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant and recent experience in the following areas:
- Drafting and negotiation of general commercial agreements. Incumbent will be expected to draft and review contracts as appropriate, highlighting risks and advising on the company’s best course of action in each case.
- Experience as an in-house lawyer or legal advisor will be advantageous.
- Regulatory law experience.
- Experience in the security industry will be advantageous.
- In addition it is highly desirable that the successful candidate can demonstrate:
- Sound experience across multiple areas of law.
- The ability and confidence to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and all levels of management.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to analyse problems rigorously and from all angles, showing sound practical judgement.
- The ability to grasp quickly and accurately new and complex areas of law.
- The ability to provide sound practical commercial advice, underpinned by the law but avoiding complex legal jargon.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- An excellent attitude to team work, and ability to work in a team.
- Vetting and negotiating of contracts including other legal documentation while still maintaining a good relationship with Clients and relevant internal departments;
- Draft agreement and ensure it is legally correct;
- Vetting and commenting on tenders before submitting by tenders department within the given timeframe;
- Contract management;
- Negotiate agreements with third parties;
- Compiling weekly reports to management and relevant internal departments and branches;
- Any other/additional responsibilities given by management from time to time.
- Undertake legal research;
- Keeping updated on changes in legislation and implementing same;
- Provide legal advice to business unit.
- Drafting of legal opinions that is legally sound and up to date.
- Covering Work – an ability to be highly responsive, reactive and comprehending of a wide variety and volume of business and legal challenges. Capacity to manage high workload volumes efficiently. A person with the ability to identify risk and to implement the necessary controls to mitigate risk, independent and proactive
- Managing – the interpersonal intelligence, maturity and authority to guide and influence individuals at all levels (i.e. peers, juniors, seniors, clients, external counsel and customers). Exceptional organisational skills and a continuously proactive work ethic, i.e. managing potential issues before they occur.
- Positive Attitude – high levels of personal energy and an appetite for work and success; tangible self-motivation and initiative; relentless focus and personal discipline.
- Learning – a capacity to continuously identify areas for one’s own personal development together with a genuine ability to absorb guidance and feedback, resulting in tangible improvements.
- Communication – the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organisation; both written and verbal communication, understanding the legal risk and ability to translate concerns and issues to business driven solutions
- Professionalism – Possess the highest professional and ethical standards.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.