To assist the Group Company Secretary in ensuring that the company is in compliance with its regulatory and legal requirements as well as internal policies by working together with relevant stakeholders to identify and manage regulatory risks.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS: Duties include but will not be limited to:
Legal Officer Duties:
- Draft contracts in line with applicable legislation;
- Review contracts, policies, and processes to align with internal company requirements and legislative requirements and changes;
- Provide legal opinions and advise on queries raised by internal stakeholders from various business units and departments;
- Support the implementation and effective incorporation of legal requirements into commercial and business activities;
- Manage the legal documents repository in collaboration with internal stakeholders;
Compliance Officer Duties:
- To assist with the responsibility for design of and implementing of systems and controls to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations impacting the Group.
- Develop, document, update as well as maintain group-wide compliance, regulatory protocols and policies. Review of all critical business policies from a regulatory compliance perspective and make recommendations for improvement annually.
- Responsible for overall compliance advice to Management to ensure compliance with all applicable legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Regulatory follow up on issues identified and raised to ensure resolution of corrective actions.
- Ability to assist with the implementation, compliance, and monitoring of the Protection of Personal