Iemas Financial Services
- Provide overall business enhancement by ensuring the legal contractual and regulatory requirements are adhered to. Monitor compliance with relevant legislation in the financing environment of Iemas.
- Provide legal advice, analysis and/or opinions on all legal matters.
- Identify any legal issues and impact that may arise from the changing regulatory landscape.
- Update existing legal policies on an annual basis and provide to for approval and sign off.
- Review legal documents.
- Formulate, implement and maintain a risk-based compliance plan on an annual basis.
- Conduct regular compliance monitoring exercises.
- Promote and sustain an ethical compliance culture
- Update existing compliance policies on an annual basis and provide to for approval and sign off.
- Prepare reports on legal and compliance matters when called upon to do so.
- Manage complaints from the relevant regulatory bodies.
- Provide input on legal and compliance related topics and policies to HR for training purposes
- Consult and collaborate with all relevant external and internal stakeholders.
- Develop, implement and maintain a document management strategy.
- Manage of internal policies and guidelines (version control, change management)
- Complete Individual Development Plan. Attend learning and development courses. Participate in peer and team learning initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree LLB OR B Proc
- Admitted Attorney – Essential
- Compliance Institute Membership – Desirable
- 3 years’ experience contract management post articles (Operational)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Business acumen, knowledge of relevant Standard Procedures and Codes of Practice,
- Knowledge of applicable legislation (National Credit Act, The Protection of Personal Information Act,The Co-operatives Act, the Companies Act and the Consumer Protection Act), Financial acumen, Knowledge of document management principles and systems
- Advanced communication skills, Interpersonal skills, Presentation skills, Business English, Computer literacy Information search, Analytical skills, coordinating skills, planning & problem solving skills, Cross Boundary skills, conflict management skills, detail conscious, deadline orientated, Able to work independently.