INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
LEGAL PRACTITIONER – COMMERCIAL CRIMES
GERMISTON LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Germiston.
- Provide legal representation to indigent accused persons at Regional Court and Commercial Crimes level.
- Maintain accurate statistics.
- Perform office administration.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- LLB (or equivalent) and admitted as an attorney/advocate with recognised pupilage.
- At least 7 years post-qualification legal experience (5 years post-admission experience).
- Admitted attorney/advocate with a minimum of five (5) years experience in the field of Commercial Crimes.
- Must possess a driver’s license.
- Excellent verbal and written communications as well as sound interviewing skills.
- Good organising and planning skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- The ability to develop and train people.
- Computer skills.
BASIC SALARY: R510,432.00 plus benefits per annum
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 08 April 2021, quoting the reference number GER/LP-CC/19/03/21 in the subject line to GPRecruit@legal-aid.co.za or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Petrus Letebele, Tel: 011 842 7300
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
Please login/register to apply online