A market leader in the Education sector seeks a young and driven Legal Secretary to join their team based in Durban
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Acts as a first line station regarding queries from staff, students, public and industry
- Sets up and maintains efficient electronic filing systems for contracts, invoice payments
- Organizes meetings and provides Legal Advisor with relevant background information
- Provide secretarial assistance to the Legal Department
- Must be able to drive to collect/ receive and serve Legal notices, pleadings, Court papers
- Sort records and re-directs incoming mail
- Prepares and processes procurement requisitions and Petty Cash claims and obtains reimbursements
- Receives and welcomes guests/visitors.
- Verifies and processes payments.
- Customer Advice and Support
- Processes invoice payments to external attorney
*ONLY CANDIDATES WHO ARE DISABLED ARE INVITED TO APPLY*
Legal secretarial qualification
or legal qualification
Skills and Experience
Minimum 3years Experience as a Legal Secretary or Similar role
2 years Higher education environment is Essential
Strong Knowledge and understanding of legal documents and terminology
Advanced Computer proficiency in MS Office Suits /MS Word/ Excel/ / PowerPoint Outlook/ MS Teams, Skype and Zoom
Excellent time-management and organizational skills.