The Position – Hilton College invites applications for the full- time permanent position of Assistant Librarian
The successful applicant is ideally expected to be able to take up the post at the beginning of January 2022, if not before.
The position would report to our current Senior Librarian and the Director of Academics. The successful applicant should be able to contribute positively towards the cohesion of this well-functioning department.
The responsibilities of the post are focused on:
- Professional flexibility to respond to departmental needs as they arise
- Strong competency in IT
- Communicative, organised and administratively skilled
- Informed and confident champion of South Africa’s educational environment
- Value-driven and willing to embrace the values and ethos of the College
- An advocate for reading, libraries and education
- Confident in leading school wide information literacy initiatives
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, meticulous attention to detail
- Strong potential for future development as Senior Librarian is nearing retirement
Qualifications and Experience – the successful candidate will be in possession of:
- Post Grad diploma or degree in Library and Information Science
Registration with SACE is required. Police clearance, Sexual Offenders and Child Protection clearances are all required to be submitted. Hilton College implements a transformation and diversity policy, and all students and staff are required to support the ethos of the school.
Key Competencies – the successful applicant is likely to possess the following key competencies: a team player but able to work independently as required; assertiveness with flexibility; self-motivated with a strong work ethic; attention to detail; excellent inter-personal skills; sensitivity to a diverse student and staff population.
Contact Details – Applications must be undercover of the College’s application form, available on the College’s website www.hiltoncollege.com. Please include a Curriculum Vitae and proof of qualification, and should be submitted as follows:
Closing date: Friday 17 September 2021
Should you not be contacted by us within 21 days of the date of this advertisement, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful, and no further correspondence will be entered into. Hilton College reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this position.
02 SEPTEMBER 2021
Hilton College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.