LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE INTERN X 1
Purpose of the Job: The Road Accident Fund is committed to youth skills development by providing graduates with an opportunity to gain work-based experience. Applications are invited for the Correspondence Management Internship for unemployed graduates between the age of 18 and 35. The Internship program will run for a period of eighteen (18) months.
Key Performance Areas
Work based exposure may include the following.
- Online and print information searches
- Online / Electronic resources – Sabinet, Lexis Nexis, etc.
- Cataloguing and Indexing of library materials
- Library administration (incl. shelving and labeling of books)
- Use of an automated library system (Libwin)
Qualifications and Experience
- Certified Grade 12/ NQF 4 level certificate
- Certified copy of your Degree in Library & Information Science (e.g. B.Bibl or B.Inf.) or a B degree with a post graduate diploma in Library & Information Science
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of Academic transcript
- Your CV and motivational letter
Technical and behavioral competencies required
The successful candidate will be required to display the following competencies in this role:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation
- Desire and potential to learn
- Basic computer skills
- Prioritize tasks as needed
The interns will be awarded a monthly stipend.
Closing date: 23 November 2021
NB: Applications can be forwarded to the following mail address: Lebom.firstname.lastname@example.org
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
1. Indicate the reference number for the Internship you are applying for on the subject line.
2. Submit a short CV and a motivational letter as to why your application should be considered with a maximum of 3 pages, applications with no academic transcript will not be considered.
3. Applicants must be unemployed, was never employed in the field of the post and never participated in an internship programme in the relevant field of the post previously
4. The applicant must not have previously served as intern before.
5. Should it be found that the applicant previously served as an intern and did not disclose that info and it is discovered later, the applicant will be disqualified.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are underrepresented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
NB! ONLY THE FIRST 300 CV’S WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.