Founded in 1896 and set in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, Michaelhouse is a leading Anglican
Independent senior Boarding School for boys from Grade 8 to Grade 12
We seek an innovative, creative, dynamic professional with a thorough knowledge of and passion for the
Life Sciences. Duties will include teaching a range of classes as well as involvement in a variety of
co-curricular and pastoral duties within the school. If you are innovative and passionate about teaching
Life Sciences then we hope you will consider joining us.
Commencement date: October 2021 or a January 2022 start.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD:
• Be a qualified and passionate Life Sciences and Natural Science teacher.
• Have suitable experience in teaching Natural Science in grade 8 and 9.
• Have suitable experience in teaching Life Sciences from grades 10 to 12.
• Be willing to extend Life Sciences beyond the classroom through societies and clubs.
• Be able to drive a curiosity and passion for learning the subject.
• Be proficient in creating and moderating a variety of different types of assessments.
• Have experience of integrating ICT in education.
• Show creativity and innovation in the classroom.
• Have experience as an external Grade 12 marker (preferably IEB) or be willing to gain experience as
soon as possible.
• Be able to contribute proactively to the academic, sporting and cultural life at Michaelhouse.
• Be able to work effectively as a member of a diverse team dedicated to the development and care of
all the boys.
• Have exceptional socio-emotional skills.
• Have a current registration with SACE.
Housing will be provided on or near the Michaelhouse estate to facilitate full involvement in the school
Only suitably qualified candidates will be considered. An application will not in itself entitle the
applicant to an interview. Michaelhouse reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Apply by completing the online application form at:
In addition to completing the online form, please email your handwritten
motivation letter AND CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2021
Michaelhouse is committed to transformation and in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan
preference shall be given, but not limited to, candidates from the designated groups.
Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Disclaimer: Michaelhouse is committed to ensuring confidentiality of
personal information. By applying for this position and submitting your personal details and CV, you acknowledge
acceptance of this disclaimer. Your information will be used for the sole purpose of recruitment of the listed vacancy
and any required statutory reporting. All reasonable measures will be taken to protect the information of applicants.