Location: Stellenbosch, WC, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Distell presents exciting opportunities for candidates with potential for placement in our Logistics Department, Southern Africa, in Tygervalley. The successful candidate will report to a National Deployment and Transport Manager.
Purpose of the Position
The intention of the internship is to provide practical work experience to students who are in their final year of study and require exposure to the work environment or have a prerequisite to have practical work experience in order to obtain a qualification. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12-month contract commencing February 2022 and terminating January 2023.
Key Performance areas include, but are not limited to the following:
- Activities linked to Warehouse and Distribution optimization
- Continuous improvement and planning (Transport planning and secondary deployment)
- Identify, investigate, validate and implement new process/financial efficiency.
- Administration of SAP: Master data of fleet and customer (Data mining)
- Improve and optimize internal business processes.
- Collate all internal information operational performance with Warehouse and Distribution
- Design reports
- Work on customer service programme – create informed customer experience insights and interpretation.
- Evaluate customer service and communicate results back to the business
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Final year of obtaining tertiary qualification – degree/diploma;
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Sound communication and presentation skills
- Effective me management
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team
- South African citizen
- Able to travel locally and have own reliable transport
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12-month contract.
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Motivational letter
- A curriculum vitae
- Certified academic record
- Certified copy of Grade 12
- A leer from the tertiary institution
- A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution
- Certified copies of Identity Document.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Reference Number: 18301 Closing Date: 31 August 2021