Machine Operator – Springs
Location: Springs, GT, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the above mentioned position to be based in Secondary Production, Springs. This person will report to the Shift Team Leader and indirectly to the Unit Manager.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Operates, attends, start and stop power driven machines particular to the industry Example: tray packer, labeller, seamer, filler, capping machine, six packer, etc.
- Scrutinizes or checks the work done by machine.
- Makes running adjustments to the machine.
- Monitor quality performance of equipment and processes.
- Ensure settings done according to SOP’s and or product specifications.
- Complete Process control documentation during production.
- Record downtime events, duration and reasons.
- Assist in minimizing unplanned downtime on machines and equipment.
- Optimize all machines and equipment OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency).
- Assist in the executing of first line maintenance.
- Minimise waste.
- Clean, inspect and lubricate equipment.
- Assist in change overs (if applicable).
- Adhere to safe working procedures, practices and safety regulations.
- Actively involved in Mini business activities and Problem solving methodology.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Minimum of a Matric / Grade 12
- NQF Level 3 Packaging operations certificate.
- 1-2 year experience in operating machinery within the bottling industry.
- Mechanical and or electrical aptitude
- Ability to initiate action spontaneously without being urged on to do so.
- Willingness to work shifts, including night shift.
- To reflect good leadership behaviour towards colleagues, superior and company values.
Note: Applicants will undergo technical assessments.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za and following: Home > Careers.
Reference number: 17786 Closing date: 13 April 2021