Overall Purpose of the Job:
Prepare and report relevant financial report timeously and accurately.
Perform appropriate risk management.
Act as a trusted financial business partner to the relevant business unit.
Manage compliance to all group policies as well as accounting standards.
Budget & Financial Management
- Ensure that all financial reports for the business and the Group are prepared timeously and accurately.
- Apply financial tools to prepare requests from business in line with the business plan to achieve business objectives.
- Identify and report out of line situations and suggest corrective action to the business.
- Set and ensure that all accounting principles within the business are monitored.
- Continuously search for financial risk and implement risk mitigation measures.
- Strive to continuously improve the level of financial reporting for the business unit.
Process Improvement and Efficiency
- Continuously review key performance areas for the business and identify areas for improvement.
- Continuously challenge the status quo to ensure business sustainability of the organisation’s business model.
- Continuously review current standards thereby ensuring improvement and relevance.
- Prepare best practice recommendations to improve accuracy and efficiencies.
- Identify required system improvements and provides recommendations and benefits to be realised.
Customer Service Delivery – Corporate
- Build strategic partnerships with internal and external customers to achieve business objectives.
- Identify and manage stakeholder expectations, ensuring alignment with Financial Strategy
- Identify business needs and required improvements and implement or provide recommendations for consideration.
- Manage own personal development through performance management and talent management processes.
- Request training and feedback on performance and strive to improve based on these interventions.
- Adhere to the Group’s values and leadership.
- CIMA with 5 years+ experience or BCom (Honours) with 5 years+ experience.
- Take personal accountability and responsibility for all issues facing the department, work as a team and mentor /coach new employees as required.
- Communicate with your line manager regularly and make recommendations on improving efficiencies in the department
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.