- Marketing and Communications
- Life Brenthurst Hospital
- Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- A vacancy exists for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator, based at Life Brenthurst Hospital, reporting to the Hospital Manager.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible to deliver a marketing and communications service of uncompromising quality to all of the hospital’s key stakeholders.
- Critical Outputs
- Build sound, productive working relationships with key stakeholders i.e. general practitioners and specialists, media and the community.
- Generate statistics and reports from available hospital information in order to analyse referral patterns and build a knowledge base to inform strategies and plans.
- Recruitment and marketing of specialists to general practitioners and community in order to grow referrals.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies and plans (aligned to the hospital business plan) aimed at key stakeholders in order to drive growth for the hospital.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications initiatives aimed at stakeholders including patients, potential patients and the local community at large.
- Provide marketing and communications support to internal hospital stakeholders as well as national marketing and communications department.
- Provide input into the marketing and communication budget and manage the function creatively within the prescribed budget.
- Actively drive the channel marketing strategy to drive referrals to the hospitals
- Develop informative, brand compliant marketing collateral (i.e. brochures, information leaflets and other branded marketing material) to support marketing and communications initiatives.
- Ensure that brand and corporate identity standards, policies and procedures regarding marketing and communication are adhered to throughout the hospital.
- Manage media relations according to set corporate policy and guidelines.
- Assist with enhancing the service to patients and clients from a communication / marketing point of view.
- Be an agent of change and be able to communicate well, on behalf of management, with all major stakeholders
- A tertiary marketing, public relations or communication qualification as well as proven management ability and minimum two years’ experience.
- Furthermore, excellent interpersonal skills are critical, as productive relationships with stakeholders are important.
- Other competencies required are analytical thinking, strategy delivery, attention to detail, excellent time management skills, the ability to work in a pressured and changing environment and computer literacy (Word, Power Point and advanced Excel e.g. pivot tables)
- Must be able to work independently and use initiative to achieve set objectives.
- Have a clear understanding of the hospital environment
- Ability to process, analyse and interpret relevant statistics
- A proven track record in copywriting will be advantageous
- External candidates will be considered
(Please note that candidates could be asked to complete a skills test)
- Engaging diversity
- Influencing (negotiation)
- Professional & technical proficiency
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive and energy
- Ethical behaviour (honesty)
- Excellence orientation (concern for high quality work)
- Building relationships & customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by Example
- Motivating and developing people
- Closing date
- Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.