Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
The Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator position will provide support for all company verticals including Development, Production, Studio, Post and Branded Content. The strategy and execution of our marketing and public relations activities plays a critical role in the overall success of the organization and thus, we are looking for an individual who can contribute to our rapidly growing organisation.
Main purpose of the role:
The primary function of the Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator is the creation and execution of a comprehensive marketing and public relations plan for Trace Studios. We are seeking a highly qualified, motivated and enthusiastic individual for our rapidly growing organization.
This role includes operational and administrative support of all marketing and promotional projects, including PR, online and TTL advertising.
- Work strategically with the Head of Marketing/ VP’s of content and production to develop strategic marketing initiatives, strategies and activities.
- Implement marketing plans that include print, broadcast and online content.
- Create branded advertising campaigns, and support the marketing and design teams by coordinating and collating content.
- Responsible for corporate messaging development and distribution.
- Proactively generate ways to advance the Company’s brand in industry trade publications, digital media, speaking opportunities, conference participation and other forms of advertising.
- Actively market and promote Company news and project development, property management and acquisition activities including formal press release distribution, article development/pitch, social media, etc.
- Setup tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities.
- Conduct market research to identify marketing opportunities and negotiate media coverage.
- Traffic all advertising efforts to appropriate channels.
- Develop and manage all internal communication systems.
- Create, maintain and strengthen the organization’s overall brand through all media avenues.
- Organize and streamline service offerings into user-friendly concepts.
- Manage print contractors and other promotional vendors.
- Simplify complex data into a user-friendly format such as graphs, charts and other visual aids for clients and management.
- Ensure documents and marketing materials are current, accurate and properly reflect the brand and desired messaging.
- Conduct market research on local media and digital agencies highlighting strengths/weaknesses of each.
- Perform other duties as assigned which are in the best interests of the Company.
- Matric Certificate – unendorsed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, PR, Communication or relevant commerce related field.
- Two to three years of experience in content management, creative writing, advertising concepts and media negotiations.
- Unendorsed Driver’s License – Code EB (8) is advantageous.
- Must have own reliable transport.
- Must be fluent in English. French and/or Portuguese is advantageous.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Photoshop and web editing packages.
Competencies, skills and attributes
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Creative mind with superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical thinking, strong problem-solving and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong research and organisational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively and independently.
Should this vacancy interest you, kindly apply by sending a comprehensive CV to the HR Generalist with “Marketing & PR Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com by no later than Friday, 23 July 2021. If you do not receive a response within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 13 Jul 11:15