Sandton – Central Office
SunBet as the online sports betting division of Sun International will lead the alternative gaming strategy and delivery of business objectives, providing thought leadership and advice on measuring product performance, revenue growth, operational governance and service standards, as well as building strategic relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; and leading the integration of online sports betting projects into operations.
The Marketing Co-ordinator, as a member of the SunBet Marketing team, will be responsible for providing transactional, project, campaign and administrative support to members of this Marketing team and its stakeholders, to ensure a seamless and consistent delivery of the departments services to all clients and stakeholders, and enable and support business operations in achieving their objectives.
3-Year Degree / Diploma in Marketing or Business Management
- A minimum of 2 years in an administrative function.
- Previous experience and knowledge of Marketing is an advantage
- Have an interest and understanding of sports
- Confidentiality is a critical part of this role
Skills and Knowledge
- Clerical Administrative functions
- Conformance to Internal Standards and SunBet Procedures
- Minute taking / Typing
- Project Co-ordination
- Digital acumen with an understanding of social media platforms
- Computer Literacy (MS Office)
- IFS (Purchase requisitions)
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- Assuring quality
- Collecting information (sourcing; checking and / or documenting)
- Maintaining Focus
- Acting with energy and enthusiasm
- Managing customer and stakeholders
- Organising and co-ordinating
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide administrative support and respond to queries received by the Marketing department (including responding to e-mails, mail and telephone enquiries), escalating or redirecting any issues identified
- Allocate and reconcile supplier invoices correctly and resolve all queries
- Liaise with vendors and ensure all documentation is in order and complete, and co-ordinate the loading of vendors
- Submit expense claims to the Finance department as per company policy and procedures.
- Update electronic repositories and shared folders with templates and support documentation around the various Marketing processes on the intranet, ensuring content remains relevant
- Identify, classify, maintain and protect all confidential Marketing files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling in line with legislative regulations for auditing purposes
- Troubleshoot and resolve first line queries and issues with stakeholders, escalating where required
- Administers the Marketing project and events calendar for the year
- Co-ordinate logistics for various Marketing events, campaigns and meetings as required both internally and externally
- Co-ordinate, consolidate and provide administrative support on departmental projects, RAG reports, newsletters, memos, project plans, etc. and follow through on outstanding issues and action lists from minutes
- Support the marketing team with the implementing of marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Communicate with sponsors to understand their needs, event opportunities, as well as any challenges encountered during the planning and co-ordination of promotional events
- Co-ordinate and follow-through on logistical arrangements and set-ups as per event itineraries i.e. transport, accommodation, food & beverage
- Track acquisition data, maintain databases and prepare reports.
- Maintain promotional materials and liaise with suppliers for specifications, quotes and delivery.
- Communicate with Retail Stores Manager and Property Marketing teams to ensure that brand presence is in place.
- Conduct marketing research to identify possible marketing opportunities and to keep abreast of competitor activities.
- Complete reports / meeting minutes/ presentations / departmental documents and distribute to relevant parties
- Provide departmental onboarding for new employees within the department, including liaising with new staff members re the completion of starter packs / contracts, arranging necessary equipment, stationery and security tags, etc.
- Arrange accommodation and travel logistics for Marketing team members
- Monitor progress of projects and track volumes of project costs and payment of fees against a pre-defined budget to ensure costs are aligned with agreed contract terms and there is no disruption to projects / progress
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.