Two Oceans Aquarium: Marketing Manager
The Two Oceans Aquarium’s vision is abundant and healthy oceans for life. Our mission is to inspire action for the future well-being of our oceans. Our core purpose is saving the ocean by showcasing the beauty and diversity of the oceans off southern Africa. At the heart of our organisation is a visitorcentric, educational experience that delivers unforgettable memories. We raise ocean awareness and promote the sustainable use of marine and other natural resources. In partnership with our non-profit organisation the Two Oceans Aquarium Education Foundation we actively drive impactful marine education, conservation and research programmes.
Based in Cape Town, South Africa – Two Oceans Aquarium seeks to appoint a
The Marketing Manager reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will join four spirited, experienced, and highly capable senior managers at the executive table. The successful candidate will be tasked with developing and implementing integrated, strategically aligned marketing solutions and with delivering marketing, PR, written communications and brand projects. We pride ourselves on performing the vast majority of our marketing functions through an excellent in-house team of all-rounders who know the Aquarium like the backs of their hands. You will lead a team of highly competent and extremely fun people. You will be supported by staff members who are experienced in digital content marketing, public relations, corporate communications, and graphic design.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintaining the Aquarium’s competitive position in the market
- Increasing the Aquarium’s profitability while strongly promoting its vision and mission
- Driving marketing and advertising campaigns
- Supporting business well-being and success through strong leadership qualities
- Maintaining productive relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Maintaining employee motivation and performance
- Effectively managing a budget and driving effective and updated internal systems
- Developing and understanding the market through research, while implementing a marketing strategy and plan
- Forecasting annual revenue across a spectrum of offerings, as well as operational and capex expenses in line with guidelines
- Building relationships with key persons in the tourism and attractions industries, and at the V&A Waterfront
- Building relationships with industry committees, suppliers and service providers
The Marketing Manager must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum National Diploma level with marketing management and/or communications subjects preferred
- 5 years marketing experience with exposure to attractions, functions, activations and events
- 2 years management experience
- A commitment to upholding the highest standards in communication and marketing outputs
- Open-mindedness and a willingness to learn from others
- Fierce guardianship of our brand equity
- Excellent planning abilities – and flexibility!
- Serious attention to detail
- The ability to effectively understand, manage and prioritise diverse organisational needs and objectives
- Negotiating favourable contract terms with external parties (procurement) and sales experience
- Demonstrable working knowledge of digital marketing, public relations and publicity and design
Must be legally eligible to work full time in South Africa. View the full JD on Action Appointments’ website for all details.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Monday 17th January, 2022 to email@example.com