PSI:M&E Assistant x4
PSI SA is engaged in Health Solution within South Africa. In partnership with public and private impact funders, PSI South Africa Health Solutions co-creates a consumer-centered health ecosystem, that results in quality, accessible and sustainable primary health care services.
PSI seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluations Assistants in the various districts they are operating in across Eastern Cape, Gauteng and Kwa-Zulu provinces.
The role will be supporting the monitoring and evaluation of the medical male circumcisions (MMC) services in the mobile, health or community facilities where the programme is implemented.
A passionate individual who appreciates and has the passionate about the services we provide to our communities. Have the drive and can-do attitude and ensuring that the quality standards of MMC are met. A self-driven team player and interested in their own performance and contributing to the overall success of the team. Even more, we are looking for individuals who meet the values of PSI by being honest, trustworthy, committed, who collaborates and produces quality measurable outputs as well as displaying pragmatism!
Report to: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Duration: fixed term contract until 30 September 2021.
- Track and manage the flow of data at site level. – Ensure correct versions of data collection tools are available on-site.
- Provide training and mentoring on completion of all data collection tools, registers.
- Review data collection forms and/ or source data for completeness, accuracy and consistency.
- Capture paper data collection forms into the electronic database.
- Perform data verification on data before entry into the database.
- Provide training and mentoring on data management systems.
- Identify/resolve data discrepancies by monitoring data (review data listings, perform manual checks and reviewing output in files).
- Handle and resolve data issues both internal and at site level.
- Provide first line IT support.
- Support and mentor the data collection staff and capture data onto DHIS2 or provided database.
- Ensure all data is handled and stored securely.
- Adhere to all data management SOP’s, guidelines and confidential agreement.
- Ensure data triangulation at site level.
- Track and ensure all major programme indicators are being collected.
- Provide first line support to partners data collection and reporting requirement.
General Data Administration:
- Filing and tracking of all data tools received
- Create and maintain all data management files and appropriate documentation.
- Filing and management of all queries received electronically.
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly reports to keep record of the work done and forward monthly statistics to relevant role players.
- Degree in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Statistics or Health Information Sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in the HIV AIDS and STI programme data as well as information management background.
- Proficient in computer literacy
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Experience in report writing.
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of the logical framework approach and other strategic planning approaches
- Experience with M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory)
- Advanced Microsoft excels
- Matric/ Grade 12 or equivalent
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- Must be multilingual.
- 1-3 years of experience in a call centre environment added advantage.
- Knowledge of customer service practices and principles added advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to provide client education via training interventions.
- A team player willing to help and work with others.
- Work well under pressure,
- Able to work within a fast-paced environment.
Are you that person that meets the criteria of this role? Please send your application in the form of a motivational cover letter, an updated CV to email@example.com or drop it off at your nearest district facility we operate in by the 25th of June 2021. The top candidate applications meeting the criteria will be contacted and invited for an interview.
They reserve the right to withdraw any of the vacancies at any time. PSI SA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, disabled or employment status.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about Population Services International (PSI), refere to https://www.psi.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies