The above position is vacant at the Welkom branch, reporting to the Branch Manager. The purpose of the position is to repair the company vehicles when needed. Salary will be negotiable.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Mechanical repairs to petrol and diesel vehicles
- Attending to breakdowns at all hours
- Must have own tools to work with
- Must have own reliable transport
- Must have good knowledge of fleet management
- That all vehicles are inspected on a weekly basis and all supporting documents are filed accordingly
- Be prepared to work long hours and attend to break downs after hours
Qualifications, experience and other competencies:
- Grade 12 qualified
- Qualified i.e. Trade test passed for petrol and diesel mechanics (Will be advantageous)
- Valid code 10 drivers’ license
- Minimum two years’ experience
- Experience in mechanical repairs
- Good communication skills
It is Company policy that preference is given to existing employees and that the choice is made purely on merit.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position.