Icon Finding Services (Pty) Ltd.
An opportunity has just become available for a Mechanical Engineer at one of South Africa’s largest black-empowered resource companies and one of the top five coal producers in South Africa.
The minimum requirements are:
- B Tech / B Eng Mechanical degree, and at least 5 years operational experience in mining and mineral industry
- Experience commissioning a process plant essential.
- Project Management and First Line Management certificate desirable.
Duties will include:
- Provide expert technical support to project teams
- Support Line with regards to discipline related technical issues
- Support Principal Engineer in execution of engineering contracts in multi-disciplinary projects
- Contribute in individual skill area including active involvement in peer review process
- Support senior engineer to create project work execution plans for discipline
- Deliver quality work with technical integrity through participation in
- contract review meetings, operations meetings and contract review stage of projects
- Support Senior Engineer with regards to related technical issues
- Provide inputs and technical leadership in Engineering discipline meetings
- Supervise day-to-day discipline related operational aspects of a project and scope as necessary
- Assist Principal Engineer to execute functional strategy
- Support Principal Engineer to conduct discipline related assurance reviews of engineering solutions, and to implement controls to ensure legal compliance within designated area
- Support Principal Engineer in implementation of effective Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) management systems for own job or for section, and in providing and participating in governance systems for best practice
- Recognise, understand and take/recommend action to manage risks that can impact on outputs of own job and section
- Adhere to requirements of quality management systems
- Provide technical input to appropriate quantitative analyses conducted to evaluate financial viability of a project
- Act as project engineer in small projects and apply required leadership and knowledge to ensure implementation of engineering solutions which support business expectations
- Recognise, understand and take action to mitigate and manage risks that can impact on implementation of engineering solutions
- Ensure adequate discipline related change management
- Manage budget and/or capital budget agreed upon in project charter
- Manage cost recovery aligned to departmental targets
- Maintain and ensure a healthy environment, safe operations and practices, ensuring compliance with all applicable SHE policies and procedures in line with set standards
- Encourage a culture that focuses on safety in all operations