|PUBLISHED DATE||07 September 2021|
|CLOSING DATE||17 September 2021|
|POSITION DESCRIPTION||Mechanical Foreman|
|REPORTING TO||General Engineering Superintendent|
|Mechanical Maintenance Team|
|PURPOSE OF THE JOB||Supervises mechanical employees to ensure assigned work conforms to quality, time and productivity requirements.
To maintain plant and machinery focused at optimising production.
|KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS||· Ensure optimal performance of plant equipment and machinery.
· Fault finding, repairs and maintenance of plant equipment and machinery.
· Ensure preventative maintenance planned and executed in a cost-effective manner.
· Ensure that all breakdowns are attended to in a speedy and efficient manner.
· Ensure compliance to operational and legal requirements with regard to Health and Safety.
· Conduct plant inspections and monitoring for potential and existing defects.
· Identifying and respond to safety hazards.
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED||· Matric
· Mechanical (MQA) trade test certificate.
· N4 Fitter & Turner or Boilermaker Red seal trade test
· A valid driver’s license
|MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED||· 3 years’ relevant experience within as a mine maintenance supervisor/ foreman role within a mining environment.
· 10 years’ relevant Mechanical experience in the mining industry
· A valid fitness certificate
· Experience on Vibrating Screens, Jaw crushers, Cone Crushers, Conveyors, Structural Repairs, Rapid Load Out Station.
· Mechanical/Civil Project Execution
|PREFERRED QUALIFICATION/S||· N6/Diploma or Higher Qualification in Mechanical Engineering|
|LEGAL REQUIREMENTS||· Legal Liability Training
· Mining Health and Safety Act Legal Appointment
|ATTRIBUTES||· Good analytical and problem solving skills
· Good at planning and execution
· Good interpersonal skills
· Good organisational skills
· Visible leadership
· Meticulous in work execution
· Zero tolerance for errors
· Ability to direct and supervise the work of subordinates
|COMPETENCIES||· Team player
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to work independently