- Medical officer
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Medical officers
- A permanent vacancy exists for a Medical consultant at the Entabeni Acute Rehabilitation Unit in Durban, reporting to the Rehabilitation Practice Manager. The overall purpose of this challenging position is to provide clinical services at the rehabilitation unit. Life Entabeni Rehabilitation unit, is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life HealthCare.
- Critical Outputs
- Carry responsibility for the clinical assessment and daily medical management of patients admitted to the unit.
- Evaluation, program planning and treatment of all allocated patients.
- Setting of common medical goals with patients and team.
- Education of patients and families about the patient’s condition.
- Participation in and attendance of patient family and work meetings and, feedback to families and employers as required.
- Liaison with Rehab interdisciplinary teams and participate in patients’ goal setting and discharge planning meetings as necessary
- Maintenance of clinical documentation.
- Active participation in Unit development.
- Assist with the marketing of the business and the positioning of the unit in the provision of this challenging service.
- Create a unit culture which promotes business objectives, a performance / results orientation, customer focus and teamwork.
- Understand the private healthcare industry and relevant legislation, challenges and role players
- Disseminate best-practice evidence internally and externally via CPD activities, congresses and peer reviewed literature
- A MBBCH, registration with the HPCSA
- Specialist specialty is an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ hospital based clinical experience in acute rehabilitation, neurology, orthopaedics and/or general medicine is a requirement
- Experience in leading a team of professionals and successfully providing clinical supervision to professionals will be an advantage
- Financial acumen as well as excellent interpersonal skills are important for the position.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships & influencing
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- 086 682-5300
- Closing date
- Sunday, April 25, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.