Phaki Personnel Management Services
We are currently headhunting for Medicine Registration Officers for South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) based in Pretoria.
- 4-year Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree,
- Registration with SAPC as a Pharmacist and Proven relevant experience.
- A relevant NQF 9 level qualification in the health sciences will be an added advantage.
- Grade 2: B Pharm Degree – 8 years (Registration as Pharmacist required).
- Grade 3: B Pharm degree – 16 years (Registration as a Pharmacist required).
- A valid driver’s licence.
Description of Tasks
- Evaluate safety related submissions and responses thereof.
- Co-ordinate Pharmacovigilance activities and Committee meetings.
- Supervise administrative staff and attend to queries addressed to the Pharmacovigilance Unit.
- Provide technical assistance and support to appropriate Advisory Committee/s and SAHPRA generally.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), related policies and guidelines pertaining to Pharmacovigilance activities.
- Promote vigilance by collecting, managing and accessing ADR and medication error reports including post-marketing surveillance and research data.
- Create and promote PV awareness and education amongst reporters regarding the significance/importance of reporting ADRs and the use of the reporting tools.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders to strengthen PV within the country.
- Evaluate and communicate vigilance related issues.
- Perform other functions that may arise from time to time.