Join us as a Millwright where you will be responsible for providing engineering technical service to a the Mototolo Mine Complex which includes a concentrator and 2 underground mine shafts.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Anglo American Platinum
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium.
We are theworld’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
As a Millwright you will be required to perform the following key responsibilities,
- Ensuring that you Perform Condition Based Maintenance on equipment as well as that diagnosis, testing and repair of electrical and mechanical failures on equipment is completed.
- Interpretation of electrical and mechanical circuit diagrams as well as informing the supervisor is informed of any additional defects as well as spare parts and time needed to complete the work
- Maintenance of equipment through utilizing the right tools, WI’s and within safety regulations
- Ensuring that equipment/machinery is tested for functionality & safety before being returned to production
- N2 technical certificate
- Millwright trade certificate
- Both Fitter and Electrician trade certificate
Knowledge & Skills required:
- 5 year experience on underground trackless mining as a Millwright
- Valid driving license code 08 with reliable vehicle
- Must be able to work shifts
- Do standby and overtime
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing date: 2 May 2021